Cheers, we made it to Friday everyone! Another week of living and learning; how did you fare?
Did you happen to catch this article that I tweeted out a few days ago? It breaks down a pretty awesome system for checking in with yourself and evaluating how the things in your life are shaping your moods and outlooks. It’s a known fact that when you aren’t feeling your best, you can’t work at your best. The last few days of my week are true testaments to that.
In the spirit of self-reflection and the current 21 Days of Self journey that I’m currently on in honor of my upcoming birthday, I thought it would be worthwhile to answer the questions & share the responses here.
1. What was the most enjoyable work activity of the week?
Yesterday, along with my partner in crime Jordan, I got to run a workshop focusing on personal branding. We presented to our fellow members of the student run PR firm we each hold leadership roles in. It was awesome to be able to put together notes on my passion to help others grow and better their own personal brands.
2. How many enjoyable work moments did you have?
Quite a few. I did enjoy studying for an exam that I had this week. I love the feeling of knowing I’ve prepared well for what’s ahead. Also, working on a design for a blogger friend that I’m nearly finished!
3. How many frustrating or boring moments did you have?
Not too many. If I had to quantify it, I would say 3 or 4.
4. How would you describe your impact on others you work with, your customers, or those whom you came into contact with this week?
Honest, open, and incredibly transparent. I wore my heart on my sleeve this week, and let people see the side of me that isn’t always put together and okay. I hope that encouraged anyone I encountered to push and positive think their way through their situations as well.
5. Is this the type of impact you want?
6. If not, what prompted this change in desired impact?
7. Were you challenged this week?
Every day was a challenge.
8. Were you bored?
Not at all. Dull moments were few and far between.
9. What were your biggest and most exciting challenges this past week?
My biggest challenge was really working with my internal self to give it what it needed. When I wanted to study an extra hour, but my body was ready for rest. When I wanted more coffee, but my body needed a glass of water and a 15 minute break.
10. How confident did you feel this week?
Overall, very confident. Especially in my ability to carry out duties expected of me.
11. Did you have any negative mental chatter about yourself?
An argument that M and I had this week definitely produced a lot of negative mental chatter, all of which I’ve recognized as completely admissible.
12. Are you practicing actively believing that you can achieve whatever it is you have set your sights on?
Absolutely. And focusing on self-centering has made me incredibly conscious of where I am, what I’m doing, how I’m feeling and how powerful I am.
13. Are you committed to having joy and groundbreaking results at work?
This is my goal for every day in everything I do – to have joy and spread joy.
14. What distractions came up this week that prevented you from getting the most out of your job?
An argument with M, and trying to get work done in environments that aren’t conducive to my work style.
15. How can you avoid that going forward?
Be open to more communication, and trust and boldly follow my own instincts.
How was your week? Have you checked in with yourself today? Feel free to grab these questions and answer them on your own blog, we can chat about them via email, or share some of your responses in the comments!