Last week, I took some much needed time away from the blog to adjust to the new place and new job a bit. Thanks so much for all of the sweet messages and well wishes about all of the new changes and transitions happening for me at the moment, it really means a lot!
The first week of the new job was incredible. For those new to the blog, I graduated college this past May after majoring in Strategic Communication with a focus in public relations. This week, I started my dream job as a digital marketing coordinator for…none other than the University I just graduated from. I’ll be sharing more on what I’m doing, and how I got there, in tomorrow’s post.
All of the new changes have definitely thrown my routine through a loop. A new commute to work, new work environment and new blogging schedule all happened a bit faster than I expected. You may remember that I changed up how to set and accomplish goals to help establish consistent routines and healthier habits. To help stay on track throughout these new changes, these are the areas I’m focusing on:
These are habits/achievements I hope to do on a daily basis. This category is great for establishing solid routines and consistency.
- Drink 125oz of water. I feel best when I’m fully hydrated (we all do) and I’ve found that my water habits translate heavily into my eating habits.
- Read for 15 minutes daily. My reading list is beginning to pile up again. I’ve started to creep back into falling asleep in front of a screen, which is no bueno. Instead of catching up on Youtube or scanning blogs before bed, I’m hoping to get in a least 15 minutes of reading time at night.
- Journaling. I haven’t touched my journal in a few months, but picked it up recently to do a “brain dump” of sorts. That exercised reminded me of how important getting those thoughts in your head out and away are for mental wellness.
These are habits/achievements I hope to do on a weekly basis. This category is great for establishing solid routines and consistency.
- One load of laundry per week. I don’t know why, but laundry has always been the chore I put off to the last possible moment. I’m lucky to have a washer/dryer in my apartment and it should be taking advantage of it fully. I was consistent with this for a solid 5 months pre-move, so I know I can make it happen!
- Have three meat-free meal days. I started out doing meatless Mondays and really had fun coming up with new recipes to try sans-meat. I’d upped it to two meatless meals, but now I’m ready to really push my skills and grocery list and be cognisant about what I’m consuming.
- Get moving. I know myself, and I try to be incredibly realistic about the goals I set. So because I know I’m not ready to fully return to the gym, I just want to challenge myself to being active at least three times per week. Anything from finding free public classes to walking around my neighborhood after work.
These are bigger goals that I would like to accomplish within a month, or habits that I would like to generate on a monthly basis.
- Increase the amount of money in my savings. A new (big girl) job means a new take on money and money management. I want to get more serious about saving and less serious about always opting for Chipotle 🙁
That’s it! Breaking up goals this way has helped me tremendously with accomplishing more. If you all are interested, I’ll put a post together about how I organize these goals to help me bring them to fruition!
What goals are you getting at the moment? What’s your plan of attack to make them happen?
image via: ashley ella design